Flying Bat Pizzas Recipe
Pizza is always a surefire way to lure kids to the dinner table because they can help add toppings and decorate the pizzas before they go into the oven. They're tasty, quick and totally spooky! —Angela Hanks, St. Albans, West Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 prebaked 12-inch pizza crusts
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 spinach tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer half of the mixture to a food processor. Process until blended; spread over crusts. Top with remaining bean mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. For bats, cut three 7-in. strips from edges of each tortilla. Using kitchen shears, cut scallops along the straight edge of each strip. From each center portion, cut three bat faces. Assemble three bats on each pizza. Arrange olive pieces on bats to make eyes and mouths. Sprinkle remaining olives over pizzas.
- 3. Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, serve with sour cream. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).
1 slice (calculated without sour cream) equals 357 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 682 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC