Flying Bat Pizzas Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 prebaked 12-inch pizza crusts
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 spinach tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer half of the mixture to a food processor. Process until blended; spread over crusts. Top with remaining bean mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
- For bats, cut three 7-in. strips from edges of each tortilla. Using kitchen shears, cut scallops along the straight edge of each strip. From each center portion, cut three bat faces. Assemble three bats on each pizza. Arrange olive pieces on bats to make eyes and mouths. Sprinkle remaining olives over pizzas.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, serve with sour cream. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).
Reviews for Flying Bat Pizzas
Sort By :
I LOVE this idea b.c. my family has a pizza theme night every Friday and I love adding festive art to the pizza with bats. I did things a little different with my pizza. I used spaghetti sauce to spread over the crust b.c. it's what I had on hand to use up. I also used my whole wheat pizza crust recipe to make it more healthy. I loved the creativity of using flour tortillas to make bats. I had a set of Halloween cookie cutters so I used the bat cutter to make my bats. For the future I will use the other cookie cutters I have to make witches, ghosts, pumpkins, etc.
Very tasty and easy to make. I chopped up extra toppings so my family could make it to their liking. I used torillas for the base and didn't make the bats.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Halloween Dinner Recipes >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >