Flying Bat Cake Recipe
Packaged cake mix and cookies speed along the preparation of this spooky cake. It can make an easy and impressive centerpiece on your Halloween treat table.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package carrot cake mix (regular size)
- 5 soft chocolate fudge cookies (about 3 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) buttercream frosting
- 1 tube blue decorating gel
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into a greased 10-in. springform pan; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing sides of pan; invert onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
- 2. With a 2-in. bat-shaped cookie cutter, cut out five bats from cookies. Place cookie trimmings in a food processor. Cover and pulse until coarse crumbs form; set aside.
- 3. Set aside 1 tablespoon frosting. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting; press reserved crumbs into sides. For moon, press a 4-in. round cookie cutter into frosting. Pipe blue gel over cake top for sky. With a narrow spatula, carefully spread gel over cake. Remove cookie cutter. Arrange bats on top. Using reserved frosting, pipe eyes on each bat. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Flying Bat Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC