- 1 package carrot cake mix (regular size)
- 5 soft chocolate fudge cookies (about 3 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) buttercream frosting
- 1 tube blue decorating gel
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into a greased 10-in. springform pan; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing sides of pan; invert onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
- With a 2-in. bat-shaped cookie cutter, cut out five bats from cookies. Place cookie trimmings in a food processor. Cover and pulse until coarse crumbs form; set aside.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon frosting. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting; press reserved crumbs into sides. For moon, press a 4-in. round cookie cutter into frosting. Pipe blue gel over cake top for sky. With a narrow spatula, carefully spread gel over cake. Remove cookie cutter. Arrange bats on top. Using reserved frosting, pipe eyes on each bat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Flying Bat Cake in Halloween Party Favorites 2009 2009, p35
Reviews for Flying Bat Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review