- 8 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 32 thin green onions slices
- Cut each roll in half; shape each into a ball. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; flatten slightly. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine beef and egg. Shape into 16 patties, 2 in. each. In a large skillet, cook patties on both sides over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Split rolls; place a beef patty on each bottom half. For wings, cut a narrow V shape from each roll top; position on each patty (discard removed sections). Secure with toothpicks. For eyes, pipe two dots of ketchup near the edge of each patty opposite the V; top with onion slices. Yield: 16 sandwiches.
Originally published as Fly Burgers in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p14
Reviews for Fly Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review