Easy, fun and adorable Flutter-by Franks are shared by Lois Lewis of Bartlett, Illinois. With only two ingredients, they couldn’t be simpler to make. “I came up with the recipe for my daughter’s 7th birthday party,” she recalls. “These are such a cinch to make, and the girls were delighted with the end results!”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 hot dogs
- Ketchup and mustard
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles; cut each
- triangle in half. Roll each piece into a ball; flatten to 1/2-in.
- thickness. For wings, place four dough balls in a square shape 2 in.
- apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Cut each hot dog lengthwise to
- within 3 in. of the opposite end. Press a hot dog between each set
- of wings.
- Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Place drops
- of ketchup and mustard below cut edge of hot dog for eyes and mouth.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 370 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 907 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 9 g protein.