Cinnamon rolls for my theme menu took flight - as butterflies, naturally! I formed the wings using convenient refrigerated rolls. An outline of icing and cherry "spots" brought the yummy rolls to life.
-Kendra Barclay, De Kalb, Illinois
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (12.4 ounces) refrigerated cinnamon roll dough
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Separate rolls and cut in half. Place on a greased baking sheet with
- cinnamon side up and curved edges touching to form wings. Cut
- cherries into six wedges; place three on each wing. Bake at 400°
- for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Stir
- icing until smooth; place in a pastry bag with a round tip (or in a
- small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag with a small hole cut in the
- corner). Pipe icing to outline the wings. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 156 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.