- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups coffee ice cream, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 can (12 ounces) whipped vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, ice cream and eggs at low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place water and coffee granules in a large bowl; stir until dissolved. Add frosting and cinnamon; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Fluted Tiramisu Cake
Sort By :
Looks and sounds delicious, though for it to be "tiramisu," there should be chocolate as well as coffee. I'd use chocolate cake mix, omit the cinnamon and cinnamon-sugar, and dust the top of the finished cake with cocoa powder (just like a tiramisu).
This is w/o question the best cake I have ever made, and I have made many!!!!!! I used Haagen Dazs coffee ice cream and added 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee to the cake batter and a teaspoon of Mexican vanilla. I did opt to make my own seven minute fluffy white icing and added the instant coffee to that. I took it to a Church Supper and people were practically licking their plates- everybody wanted the recipe. Many thanks to Carol for sharing this recipe, it has become my new all-time fav!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Delicious! We didn't have coffee ice cream in our rural town so we used vanilla with coffee granules. We also sprinkles Heath Candy bits on top vs. the cinnamon.
Very good cake, I used Kahlua cream cheese frosting, to kick it up a notch.
Sorry I might add that when the cake cooled and had been removed from the pan I poked small holes in the top with a skewer and slowly drizzled the simple syrup and let it soak in....