Fluted Lemon Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake and dry pudding mixes, apricot nectar, oil, eggs and extract; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 369 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Fluted Lemon Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.