My great-grandmother used to make this cake, which has been a family favorite for years. You won’t believe it starts with a cake mix! Lemon pudding and apricot nectar add a tanginess and moistness. It’s delicious plain or served with ice cream or whipped cream.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and dry pudding mixes, apricot nectar, oil, eggs and extract; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fluted Lemon Cake in Country Extra January 2006, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fluted Lemon Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review