This citrusy, golden-brown cake looks especially beautiful baked in a fancy bundt pan. Serve each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh fruit.—Donna Pochoday, Morristown, New Jersey
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free strawberry Greek yogurt
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Assorted fresh fruit
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and extract.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve with fresh fruit and whipped cream. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fluted Lemon Cake with Fresh Fruit in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fluted Lemon Cake with Fresh Fruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review