Fluted Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine Miracle Whip, water and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to salad dressing mixture and beat until mixed. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan (pan will not be full).
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested using Miracle Whip brand salad dressing. Light or fat-free Miracle Whip may not be substituted for regular Miracle Whip.
1 piece: 238 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Fluted Chocolate Cake
"An old favorite in my family, at least three generations of us have made and loved this cake."