Fluffy Whole Wheat Biscuits
Ruth Ann Stelfox of Raymond, Alberta shares her favorite golden biscuit recipe, noting, "These are just scrumptious - light and tasty!"
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt; mix
- well. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in
- milk just until moistened.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8 to 10 times.
- Roll to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter and
- place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12
- minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 122 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.