Fluffy White Frosting
"For a heavenly light and fluffy frosting, you can't top this cooked version," jots Georgie Bohmann of West Allis, Wisconsin. "You'll definitely want to lick the beaters after whipping up this modern variation of the classic 7-minute frosting."
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 egg whites
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heatproof bowl of a stand mixer, whisk egg whites, sugar, water
- and cream of tartar until blended. Place over simmering water in a
- large saucepan over medium heat. Whisking constantly, heat mixture
- until a thermometer reads 160°, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla. With the whisk attachment of a stand
- mixer, beat on high speed until stiff glossy peaks form, about 7
- minutes. Use immediately. Store frosted cake, uncovered, in
- refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 35 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.