Fluffy Sausage Omelet Recipe
- 1/4 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Crumble the sausage into a small microwave-safe dish; add onion and red pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; drain. Stir in sour cream; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, salt, baking powder and pepper. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into egg yolk mixture.
- 3. Place the butter in a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- 4. Pour egg mixture into plate. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 3-5 minutes or until partially set. Lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cook at 50% power 2-3 minutes longer or until eggs are set. Spoon sausage mixture over one side; fold omelet over filling. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1/2 each) equals 357 calories, 29 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 378 mg cholesterol, 757 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.