Fluffy Rice Dessert Recipe
"Working in food-related jobs over the years, I've collected lots of delicious recipes like this one," reveals Janice Todd of La Crosse, Wisconsin. "This fluffy fruity dessert has old-fashioned appeal."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:10 servings
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add juice to gelatin; stir in rice. Chill until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in whipped topping and pineapple. Chill for 1 hour. Yield: 10 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving equals 79 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC