Fluffy Raisin Pumpkin Bars Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate-covered raisins for baking
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Decorator sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices; gradually add to the pumpkin mixture. Stir in walnuts and chocolate-covered raisins.
- 2. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Add milk and orange extract; beat until smooth. Frost bars. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 piece: 162 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Fluffy Raisin Pumpkin Bars
"My husband and brother ate the pumpkin bars before I pit the frosting on them! I liked them very much too! Definitely would make them again. I could not find the Chocolate covered raisin for baking,so I used regular chocolate covered raisins...."
"I have not made this recipe as of yet, but wanted to know if there is a difference from chocolate covered raisins to chocolate covered raisins for baking as stated in the recipe."