Chocolate-covered raisins are a fun surprise inside these moist pumpkin bars. The traditional cream cheese frosting never fails to please.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate-covered raisins for baking
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Decorator sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices; gradually add to the pumpkin mixture. Stir in walnuts and chocolate-covered raisins.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Add milk and orange extract; beat until smooth. Frost bars. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Raisin Pumpkin Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p141
Reviews forFluffy Raisin Pumpkin Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review