Fluffy Pumpkin Pie
Children love this pie—marshmallows make the filling light and fluffy. It's a quick and easy recipe that I've shared many times over the years. Since it doesn't need to bake, this pie comes in handy at Thanksgiving and Christmas when your oven is in demand. —Phyllis Renfro, White Bear Lake, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- Additional whipped topping and ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt marshmallows over low heat. Remove
- from the heat. Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, allspice and salt;
- cool to room temperature.
- Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into pastry shell. Refrigerate for at
- least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with additional whipped
- topping and cinnamon if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches): Combine 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 tsp. salt; cut in 1/2 cup cold butter until crumbly. Gradually add 3-5 Tbsp. ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without additional whipped cream) equals 286 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium,