Fluffy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping and ground cinnamon, optional
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove foil and weights; bake 3-6 minutes longer or until bottom is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small heavy saucepan, melt marshmallows over low heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, allspice and salt; cool to room temperature.
- 4. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into pastry shell. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with additional whipped topping and cinnamon if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without additional whipped topping): 286 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Fluffy Pumpkin Pie
"This is a very easy and tasty pie. I used a graham cracker crust instead because I prefer them for these types of pies. This was a big hit with my kids."
"you can also use a graham cracker crust to make it lighter"
"I've been making a very similar pie like this for over 40 years. It's so much easier to melt the marshmallows, pumpkin, and spices together in the microwave. My recipe calls for ginger in place of the allspice, no salt, and real whipped cream. I will be making this tomorrow, for Thanksgiving, and try it with the salt.The pie crust I make is a "Mix-in-the-plate" Pie Crust. You mix all the ingredients in the pie plate with a fork, and then press it out to fill the pie plate. Dock with a fork, and bake for a few minutes. So easy."
"For those that do not understand the crust. It does not say to bake the pie once it has filling in it so you would of course bake the pie crust before filling. It is a refrigerated pie."
"My family loves it"