- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- Additional whipped topping and ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt marshmallows over low heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, allspice and salt; cool to room temperature.
- Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into pastry shell. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with additional whipped topping and cinnamon if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fluffy Pumpkin Pie
Sort By :
"This is a very easy and tasty pie. I used a graham cracker crust instead because I prefer them for these types of pies. This was a big hit with my kids."
"you can also use a graham cracker crust to make it lighter"
"I've been making a very similar pie like this for over 40 years. It's so much easier to melt the marshmallows, pumpkin, and spices together in the microwave. My recipe calls for ginger in place of the allspice, no salt, and real whipped cream. I will be making this tomorrow, for Thanksgiving, and try it with the salt.The pie crust I make is a "Mix-in-the-plate" Pie Crust. You mix all the ingredients in the pie plate with a fork, and then press it out to fill the pie plate. Dock with a fork, and bake for a few minutes. So easy."
"No offense but if you can't figure out you bake the crust before filling you need to go back and take pie making 101. It is the only sensible thing to do:-)"
"Some time you have to use your f/n heads"