Fluffy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Children love this pie—marshmallows make the filling light and fluffy. It’s a quick and easy recipe that I’ve shared many times over the years. Since it doesn’t need to bake, this pie comes in handy at Thanksgiving and Christmas when your oven is in demand.
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Additional whipped topping and ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt marshmallows over low heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, allspice and salt; cool to room temperature.
- Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into pastry shell. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with additional whipped topping and cinnamon if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Pumpkin Pie in Country December/January 2007, p51
Reviews for Fluffy Pumpkin Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review