- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- In a bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk, yogurt, pumpkin, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Lightly coat a griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 4 pancakes.
Reviews for Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
Sort By :
"These are tasty to be sure, but when I read that this recipe was for 2 servings (4 pancakes) I decided to triple the recipe; which made a boat load of 5 inch pancakes! So I fed my family of 4 (with one that eats like a teenager) and had enough leftovers for tomorrow's breakfast. I used an ice cream scoop to measure the pancakes onto the griddle."
"I am addicted to these pancakes! I did not change a thing, and they turned out great. I have made them with pumpkin and with butternut squash, both ways are delicious. Thanks for the recipe!"
"these are wonderful with pumpkin butter"
"We tried these this past Saturday morning. I quadrupled the recipe because there were 7 of us.Delicious! They ate them all up. I made the recipe just as it says and I don't think I would change anything except I used 1/4 cup measure to place them on the griddle and I spread them out a bit. This will be a keeper and I am sure cooked and mashed squash or sweet potatoes would substitute well if you didn't have pumpkin on hand."
"I made these as waffles and they turned out very good. The pumpkin flavour came through more than any other pumpkin pancake recipe I've tried, and I liked the crispness of the waffle. I did make some changes. I used barley flour in place of the all purpose and added some wheat germ.Next time I make these I'd like to try them as pancakes, but I'm sure I'll make them as waffles again too."