These pumpkin pancakes are also delicious served with butter or whipped topping and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Freeze any extras in a single layer on a cookie sheet, then store in a freezer bag. They're great fresh out of the toaster! —Mindy Bauknecht, Two Rivers, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- In a bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk, yogurt, pumpkin, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Lightly coat a griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 4 pancakes.
Originally published as Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p54
Reviews for Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review