VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. In a saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of saucepan. Add gelatin mixture; stir until dissolved. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Remove from the heat. Add the pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Refrigerate until thickened, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Fold whipped topping into pumpkin mixture. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Chiffon Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p92