Fluffy Pineapple Torte Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the crumbs, butter and sugar; press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool. Pour evaporated milk into a large bowl. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in water; chill until syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Remove milk from refrigerator and beat until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in gelatin mixture. Stir in pineapple and 3/4 cup walnuts. Fold in milk. Pour over crust.
- 4. Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts before filling is completely set. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 324 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Fluffy Pineapple Torte
"I recall preparing this recipe when it was first featured in Taste of Home! Here is what I had done with this recipe: 1-1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup cinnamon-sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine. FILLING: 12 oz. can evaporated milk, 1 package (3-oz.) lemon OR cherry gelatin, 1 cup boiling water, 1 package (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained, 1 cup chopped pecans OR walnuts! I'd prepared the gelatin and chilled about 1 hour. The evaporated milk was chilled in my metal Kitchen Aid mixing bowl. Since I used a wire whisk attachment, the best thing for me is to pour the milk into the bowl along with the wire whisk and chill the 2 hours! I'd made this for a baby shower after seeing this recipe! I'd also shared this recipe with a cousin & with various friends! I think it's great! Thank you for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home! delowenstein"
"I made this for an office picnic, and everyone who tried it loved it. I had several requests for the recipe."
"I made this when I first saw it in the magazine. Everyone loved it. I will keep making it just like it is listed."
"Very addicting and delicious."