- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the crumbs, butter and sugar; press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool. Pour evaporated milk into a large bowl. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in water; chill until syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- Remove milk from refrigerator and beat until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in gelatin mixture. Stir in pineapple and 3/4 cup walnuts. Fold in milk. Pour over crust.
- Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts before filling is completely set. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Fluffy Pineapple Torte
"I recall preparing this recipe when it was first featured in Taste of Home! Here is what I had done with this recipe: 1-1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup cinnamon-sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine. FILLING: 12 oz. can evaporated milk, 1 package (3-oz.) lemon OR cherry gelatin, 1 cup boiling water, 1 package (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained, 1 cup chopped pecans OR walnuts! I'd prepared the gelatin and chilled about 1 hour. The evaporated milk was chilled in my metal Kitchen Aid mixing bowl. Since I used a wire whisk attachment, the best thing for me is to pour the milk into the bowl along with the wire whisk and chill the 2 hours! I'd made this for a baby shower after seeing this recipe! I'd also shared this recipe with a cousin & with various friends! I think it's great! Thank you for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home! delowenstein"
"I made this for an office picnic, and everyone who tried it loved it. I had several requests for the recipe."
"I made this when I first saw it in the magazine. Everyone loved it. I will keep making it just like it is listed."
"Very addicting and delicious."