Fluffy Pineapple Torte Recipe
This fluffy dessert is so good after a hearty meal because even a big slice is as light as a feather. The cream cheese-pineapple combination makes it irresistible. -Gina Squires, Salem, Oregon
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the crumbs, butter and sugar; press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool. Pour evaporated milk into a large bowl. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in water; chill until syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- Remove milk from refrigerator and beat until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in gelatin mixture. Stir in pineapple and 3/4 cup walnuts. Fold in milk. Pour over crust.
- Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts before filling is completely set. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Pineapple Torte in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p35
Reviews for Fluffy Pineapple Torte(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2012
This tasted fine, and was indeed very light, but for me it was too labor- and equipment-intensive for the results I got. Probably won't make it again.