Refreshing pineapple bits add tropical flair to this fluffy dessert from Ozela Haynes of Emerson, Arkansas. "It is very light, and it isn't overly sweet," she comments. "Plus it's easy to make."
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 24 large marshmallows
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- maraschino cherries, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use.) Set the pineapple aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine juice and marshmallows. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1 minute longer or until mixture is smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until lightly thickened and cooled, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in whipped topping and pineapple. Pour into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with cherries if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Pineapple Pie in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p48
Reviews for Fluffy Pineapple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review