Fluffy Orange Gelatin Pie
From DeRidder, Louisiana, Frann Clark shares this exceptionally light citrus dessert that practically melts in your mouth. "This is so easy that kids can help prepare it," she says.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced
- Drain liquid from oranges into a measuring cup. Add enough water to
- measure 1 cup; set oranges aside. Pour liquid into a saucepan; bring
- to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Transfer to a large bowl; place mixer beaters in bowl. Cover and
- refrigerate until mixture becomes syrupy.
- Add milk. Beat on high speed until nearly doubled. Fold in mandarin
- oranges. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Garnish with orange slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 202 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.