Fluffy Orange Gelatin Pie Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced
- 1. Drain liquid from oranges into a measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 1 cup; set oranges aside. Pour liquid into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; place mixer beaters in bowl. Cover and refrigerate until mixture becomes syrupy.
- 3. Add milk. Beat on high speed until nearly doubled. Fold in mandarin oranges. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set. Garnish with orange slices. Yield: 8 servings.
One slice equals 202 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.