From DeRidder, Louisiana, Frann Clark shares this exceptionally light citrus dessert that practically melts in your mouth. "This is so easy that kids can help prepare it," she says.
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced
- Drain liquid from oranges into a measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 1 cup; set oranges aside. Pour liquid into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Transfer to a large bowl; place mixer beaters in bowl. Cover and refrigerate until mixture becomes syrupy.
- Add milk. Beat on high speed until nearly doubled. Fold in mandarin oranges. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set. Garnish with orange slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Orange Gelatin Pie in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p45
Reviews for Fluffy Orange Gelatin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review