Fluffy Orange Gelatin Pie Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced
- Drain liquid from oranges into a measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 1 cup; set oranges aside. Pour liquid into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Transfer to a large bowl; place mixer beaters in bowl. Cover and refrigerate until mixture becomes syrupy.
- Add milk. Beat on high speed until nearly doubled. Fold in mandarin oranges. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set. Garnish with orange slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fluffy Orange Gelatin Pie(4)
Sort By :
The mandarin oranges really make this recipe good. It's not a very sweet dessert- I think maybe next time I'd add a bit of sugar. Although the crust was good, I think that a Nilla wafer crust would actually blend better with the flavors than a graham crust.
keith, check Fluffy key lime pie (same site), they use cool whip in that, sure you can subsitute for the evap. Good luck
Does anyone think that 'cool whip' type product could be used instead of evaporated milk?
My family does not care for the taste of it.
I used a regular crust, rather than graham cracker, and it was fine. I also reduced the amount of evaporated milk because I think it often tastes strange in fruity pies.
More Recipe Collections
- Budget Dessert Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Jello Pie >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >