Fluffy Lime Salad Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine gelatin, water and reserved juice. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate until syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in gelatin mixture, walnuts, marshmallows and reserved pineapple. Fold in the whipped cream.
- 3. Transfer to a 1-qt. serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 276 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Fluffy Lime Salad
"I have read all the great reviews so I tried this. I was quite disappointed. It was very dry. I'm not sure what I did but I'm going to try it one more time to see. The flavor was great I love the cream cheese with the nuts. I wish it was more creamy :("
"This is a fantastic recipe. Easy to follow, light and fluffy, and best of all it tastes great! The nuts and cream cheese add just the right balance to all the fluffiness. Definitely a keeper!"
"I've made this recipe several times & am always left with an empty dish (darn). I use light cream cheese, sugar free jello & unsweetened pineapple. I omit the walnuts as I don't care for them (cook's perogative). I was wondering how this would work with lemon jello?"
"I have made this recipe a couple times a month for several years. I always use 20 oz. of pineapple though, sugar-free jello, reduced-fat cream cheese & lite whipped topping. The whole family loves it."
"This was great! I made a double batch for Easter dinner and everyone loved it!"