Fluffy Lime Salad Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine gelatin, water and reserved juice. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate until syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in gelatin mixture, walnuts, marshmallows and reserved pineapple. Fold in the whipped cream.
- 3. Transfer to a 1-qt. serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 276 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Fluffy Lime Salad
"I have read all the great reviews so I tried this. I was quite disappointed. It was very dry. I'm not sure what I did but I'm going to try it one more time to see. The flavor was great I love the cream cheese with the nuts. I wish it was more creamy :("
"This is a fantastic recipe. Easy to follow, light and fluffy, and best of all it tastes great! The nuts and cream cheese add just the right balance to all the fluffiness. Definitely a keeper!"
"I've made this recipe several times & am always left with an empty dish (darn). I use light cream cheese, sugar free jello & unsweetened pineapple. I omit the walnuts as I don't care for them (cook's perogative). I was wondering how this would work with lemon jello?"
"I have made this recipe a couple times a month for several years. I always use 20 oz. of pineapple though, sugar-free jello, reduced-fat cream cheese & lite whipped topping. The whole family loves it."
"This was great! I made a double batch for Easter dinner and everyone loved it!"