Fluffy Lime Salad
Crunchy walnuts, plump marshmallows and tangy pineapple dot this creamy lime salad. It's a refreshing side dish for a family meal or a yummy addition to a potluck dinner.
-Susan Ormond, Jamestown, North Carolina
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a
- saucepan, combine gelatin, water and reserved juice. Cook and stir
- over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate until syrupy,
- about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in gelatin
- mixture, walnuts, marshmallows and reserved pineapple. Fold in the
- whipped cream.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours
- or until set. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 276 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.