Fluffy Lime Salad Recipe
Crunchy walnuts, plump marshmallows and tangy pineapple dot this creamy lime salad. It's a refreshing side dish for a family meal or a yummy addition to a potluck dinner. -Susan Ormond, Jamestown, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:9 servings
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine gelatin, water and reserved juice. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate until syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in gelatin mixture, walnuts, marshmallows and reserved pineapple. Fold in the whipped cream.
- 3. Transfer to a 1-qt. serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 276 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC