Crunchy walnuts, plump marshmallows and tangy pineapple dot this creamy lime salad. It's a refreshing side dish for a family meal or a yummy addition to a potluck dinner. -Susan Ormond, Jamestown, North Carolina
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine gelatin, water and reserved juice. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate until syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in gelatin mixture, walnuts, marshmallows and reserved pineapple. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Lime Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p35
Reviews for Fluffy Lime Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review