A few handy convenience items hurry along preparation of these rich, lemony bars with a vanilla wafer crust. They get their sweet-tart flavor from lemon gelatin, sherbet and pudding mix. They're not only fun to make with my grandchildren, but they're delicious, too. —Joyce Speerbrecher, Grafton, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 pint lemon sherbet, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, pecans and butter; set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add pudding mix; beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Add sherbet; beat on low for 1 minute or until soft-set. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Chill for 1 hour or until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Lemon Squares in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p39
Reviews for Fluffy Lemon Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review