"This warm two-layer pudding cake is one that my mother-in-law made when her children were growing up," shares Leslie Wyatt of Chilhowee, Missouri. "Today, it is a perennial favorite around our house due to its terrific lemon flavor."
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 egg whites
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Beat in the lemon juice, egg yolk, flour, lemon peel and salt; mix well. Gradually beat in milk. In another large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Place the dish in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour boiling water into the larger baking dish to a depth of 1 in.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and top is golden. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Lemon Pudding Cake in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fluffy Lemon Pudding Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review