Fluffy Lemon Dessert
Fluffy Lemon Dessert is Linda Nilsen's trademark finale to a meal. "Each May, I bring this refreshing treat to our last church circle meeting of the year," notes Linda, a field editor form Anoka, Minnesota. "It's economical to prepare and so well received, I'm not sure they'd let me in without it!"
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 10 mint sprigs
- Pour milk into a small bowl; place the mixer beaters in the bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in water.
- Stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until syrupy, about 1-1/2
- Beat gelatin until tiny bubbles form. Beat chilled milk until soft
- peaks form; fold into gelatin. Pour into serving dishes. Refrigerate
- for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped topping, lemon and mint. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 153 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.