Fluffy Lemon Dessert Recipe
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 10 mint sprigs
- 1. Pour milk into a small bowl; place the mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in water. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until syrupy, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Beat gelatin until tiny bubbles form. Beat chilled milk until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin. Pour into serving dishes. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 3. Garnish with whipped topping, lemon and mint. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 153 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.