Fluffy Lemon Dessert Recipe
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 10 mint sprigs
- 1. Pour milk into a small bowl; place the mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in water. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until syrupy, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Beat gelatin until tiny bubbles form. Beat chilled milk until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin. Pour into serving dishes. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 3. Garnish with whipped topping, lemon and mint. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 153 calories, 2g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Fluffy Lemon Dessert
"This recipe was a disappointment. First, DO NOT put the evaporated milk in a small bowl. I put mine in a 1 qt. bowl and when I beat it the bowl could not contain it. Needless to say, I had a mess on my hands. As for the chilled gelatin, the directions say to beat it UNTIL tiny bubbles form. Tiny bubbles form quickly which leaves a lot of the gelatin still syrupy. When I folded the beaten milk into the gelatin, the syrupy part would not mix in but remained at the bottom of the bowl. I went ahead and put it in the fridge. It eventually solidified but tasted like slightly lemony air bubbles. The recipe is simple and I followed it as written so I'm thinking that something is either missing or not described accurately."
"My Mom used to make this! Thankyou soooo much .Alliea"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.