Fluffy Lemon Dessert Recipe
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 10 mint sprigs
- Pour milk into a small bowl; place the mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in water. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until syrupy, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Beat gelatin until tiny bubbles form. Beat chilled milk until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin. Pour into serving dishes. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped topping, lemon and mint. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fluffy Lemon Dessert(2)
Sort By :
This recipe was a disappointment. First, DO NOT put the evaporated milk in a small bowl. I put mine in a 1 qt. bowl and when I beat it the bowl could not contain it. Needless to say, I had a mess on my hands. As for the chilled gelatin, the directions say to beat it UNTIL tiny bubbles form. Tiny bubbles form quickly which leaves a lot of the gelatin still syrupy. When I folded the beaten milk into the gelatin, the syrupy part would not mix in but remained at the bottom of the bowl. I went ahead and put it in the fridge. It eventually solidified but tasted like slightly lemony air bubbles. The recipe is simple and I followed it as written so I'm thinking that something is either missing or not described accurately.
My Mom used to make this! Thankyou soooo much .