Fluffy Lemon Dessert is Linda Nilsen's trademark finale to a meal. "Each May, I bring this refreshing treat to our last church circle meeting of the year," notes Linda, a field editor form Anoka, Minnesota. "It's economical to prepare and so well received, I'm not sure they'd let me in without it!"
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 10 mint sprigs
- Pour milk into a small bowl; place the mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in water. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until syrupy, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Beat gelatin until tiny bubbles form. Beat chilled milk until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin. Pour into serving dishes. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped topping, lemon and mint. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Lemon Dessert in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p13
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fluffy Lemon Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review