Fluffy Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 8 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until marshmallows are melted, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Ladle into mugs. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Fluffy Hot Chocolate(19)
Sort By :
This was creamy delicious....I would agree that the melted marshmallows are a hit in this recipe. I would also agree to add more cocoa next time as the chocolate flavor was mild. I did use an off brand cocoa so that may be the reason.
*** I just made this again and added two extra teaspoons of cocoa....perfect now. If I continue to use off brand cocoa I will use 6 teaspoons of cocoa. A top shelf cocoa, I will stick to 4 until I know the flavor.
A really good hot chocolate that is a snap to make. I did alter it a tiny bit. I added a about 2tsp more cocoa powder and a pinch of salt to cut the sweetness and enhance the flavors. Everyone was very pleased with it during our arctic blast!
This was amazing! Great tasting and I can't bring myself to drink regular store bought coca ever again!
I love hot chocolate from scratch. This is a great basic recipe that you can easily commit to memory. I am used to adding a little sugar & cocoa until it tastes right - these measurements make it simpler.
My daughter often asks me to make this special beverage for her. Been following this recipe for many years.
More Recipe Collections
- Hot Beverages >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >