Fluffy Hot Chocolate
Melted marshmallows provide the frothy texture that you'll savor in this sweet and speedy warm beverage. They're also what makes this hot chocolate different from (and better than) the instant kind you make from a store-bought mix. Chocolaty and comforting, it's our daughter's favorite.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until marshmallows are melted, about 8
- minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Ladle into mugs.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 249 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.