Fluffy Herb Drop Biscuits Recipe
I grow many herbs, so I can just go out to the garden and pick them. These biscuits contain my favorite ones. — Melissa McCabe, Long Beach, California
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, oil, basil and rosemary; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 biscuit equals 137 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 208 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC