- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, oil, basil and rosemary; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Fluffy Herb Drop Biscuits
Sort By :
These were very good. The fresh herbs made them so tasty!
The flavor of these were delicious. Instead of using fresh basil I used 2 tsp. Dried basil. I also used regular milk not buttermilk. I make a lot of drop biscuits bc they're my family's favorite and I always use regular milk in them. For these I would use 1 1/4 cup milk or buttermilk to make the dough not as stiff. For the drop biscuits I make the dough is never that stiff so they come out fluffier. That's the only thing I would do differently and I'll be making these a lot more!!!
So easy and yummy! I use a gluten free flour for my celiac family. They just love these.
This was a perfect side with pasta.
Quick and easy to bake. Delicious with the fresh herbs.