Fluffy Harvest Omelet Recipe
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) chunky Italian tomato sauce
- 1 cup cubed fresh zucchini
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add salt; continue beating until stiff peaks form. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks, cream, Parmesan cheese and pepper until foamy. Gently fold into the egg whites.
- 2. Melt butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; pour egg mixture into skillet; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are nearly set
- 3. Uncover; bake in a 350° oven for 5-8 minutes or until top is golden brown and eggs are set. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, zucchini and mushrooms. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- 4. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over omelet; fold in half and top with tomato sauce. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 311 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 362mg cholesterol, 1091mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Fluffy Harvest Omelet
"This was a flop! Besides the fact that the bottom of the omelet burned in 5 minutes, Italian tomato sauce just didn't taste good with eggs. My husband agrees."
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.