Fluffy Fruit Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) fruit cocktail
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice in a small saucepan. Set pineapple aside. In a large saucepan, add sugar, flour, eggs, orange juice, lemon juice and oil. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute; remove from the heat and let cool.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the pineapple, fruit cocktail, oranges and bananas. Fold in whipped cream and cooled sauce. Chill for several hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 173 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Fluffy Fruit Salad
"Printed this recipe and tried to make it, was a bit confused by the small sauce pan instructions, so had to look on line...this had better be good!"
"My daughter loves this fruit salada so much, she wants this salada instead her birthday cake !"
"Easy and wonderful!! :-)"
"Very easy and very good!! :-)"
"Clipped this one out of a magazine and it always turns out perfect. I do my own combination of "canned fruit cocktail" with fresh fruit instead. Hope to see more reviews on this one. It's YUMMMMY!"
"The instructions state to put reserved pineapple juice in small saucepan. The instructions never reference the small saucepan again. Instead, the instructions state to add ingredients to a large saucepan and does not reference the pineapple juice again. The instructions should be corrected to remove large saucepan and instead, it should state "To the saucepan, add...."."
"Easy to make and everyone simply loves it. Best ever fruit salad - - even the kids love it."