- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) fruit cocktail
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice in a small saucepan. Set pineapple aside. In a large saucepan, add sugar, flour, eggs, orange juice, lemon juice and oil. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute; remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the pineapple, fruit cocktail, oranges and bananas. Fold in whipped cream and cooled sauce. Chill for several hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Fluffy Fruit Salad
Sort By :
"Printed this recipe and tried to make it, was a bit confused by the small sauce pan instructions, so had to look on line...this had better be good!"
"My daughter loves this fruit salada so much, she wants this salada instead her birthday cake !"
"Easy and wonderful!! :-)"
"Very easy and very good!! :-)"
"Clipped this one out of a magazine and it always turns out perfect. I do my own combination of "canned fruit cocktail" with fresh fruit instead. Hope to see more reviews on this one. It's YUMMMMY!"