Fluffy Fruit Dip
We've been making this dip in my family for generations. Serve it throughout the year with whatever fresh fruits are in season.
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Gradually whisk in
- pineapple juice. Add butter. Cook and stir until butter is melted
- and mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg;
- return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil;
- cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Cool to room
- temperature, stirring several times.
- Fold in whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with fruit. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 117 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.