Fluffy Fruit Dip Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Assorted fresh fruit
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Gradually whisk in pineapple juice. Add butter. Cook and stir until butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times.
- 3. Fold in whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with fruit. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 117 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Fluffy Fruit Dip
"I love fruit and never thought it needed dipping. I was looking for something different and am glad I tried this. We had strawberries, apples and cantalope. The apples were the best with the dip. Would be great to make if your fruit isn't very sweet and your hate to throw it out. This is a mild pleasant dip that isn't real sweet. You can adjust that to your own taste."