We've been making this dip in my family for generations. Serve it throughout the year with whatever fresh fruits are in season.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Gradually whisk in pineapple juice. Add butter. Cook and stir until butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times.
- Fold in whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with fruit. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Fluffy Fruit Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p29
Reviews for Fluffy Fruit Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review