Fluffy French Toast
My family can't wait for golden slices of this French Toast to come off the griddle. We prefer the homemade Molasses syrup to any store-bought variety.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 10 slices day-old bread, halved
- MOLASSES SYRUP:
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine
- eggs and milk; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Dip bread into
- batter, coating both sides; cook on a greased hot griddle until
- golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, for syrup, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water
- and molasses. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Stir in vanilla
- and maple flavoring. Serve with French toast. Yield: 5 servings.