- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 10 slices day-old bread, halved
- MOLASSES SYRUP:
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs and milk; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Dip bread into batter, coating both sides; cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, for syrup, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water and molasses. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Stir in vanilla and maple flavoring. Serve with French toast. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Fluffy French Toast
Sort By :
Our family has used this receipt for years! Wonderful, especially with Texas Toast & butter Crisco.
This recipe is not good fluffy french toast. Whoever rated 5 stars in the reviews must have been family or friends of the creator of the recipe. I made it and it is pancake bread! Just look at the ingredients. If I wanted pancakes then I would make them but I prefer french toast so I was upset with the results. When I looked up how to make fluffy french toast I wanted something like Denny's french toast because there big and fluffy. Not pancake bread! It's either pancakes, or french toast and this recipe is a failure so don't waste your time making it if your expecting french toast.
I did not make the syrup. Used regular store brand.
My falimy and I enjoyed this recipe. It's like french toast and pancakes in one. I used regular sandwich bread (all I had in the pantry) and I did add cinnamon and vanilla to the recipe. It's just what I always do when making french toast. Will make again. :-)