Fluffy Cranberry Mousse Recipe
This is a delicious and pretty salad for the holidays, but it's so good that I serve it other times, too. I got the recipe from a neighbor who had served it with a traditional turkey dinner. —Helen Clement, Hemet, California
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, setting the pineapple aside and adding juice to gelatin. Stir in cranberry sauce, lemon juice, peel and nutmeg. Chill until mixture thickens. Fold in sour cream, pineapple and pecans. Pour into a glass serving bowl or an oiled 9-cup mold. Chill until set, at least 2 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 150 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC