Fluffy Cranberry Mousse Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, setting the pineapple aside and adding juice to gelatin. Stir in cranberry sauce, lemon juice, peel and nutmeg. Chill until mixture thickens. Fold in sour cream, pineapple and pecans. Pour into a glass serving bowl or an oiled 9-cup mold. Chill until set, at least 2 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 150 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Fluffy Cranberry Mousse
"I have been making this cranberry recipe for years. It was published in BH&G years ago. I omit the nuts and change up the jello flavor from time to time. Raspberry, cherry, and cranberry jello all taste great. My family would be horribly disappointed if I didn't make this at holiday dinners."
"Yummy! I saw on some forums people asking if increasing strawberry to offset possible tartness was necessary. I don't think so, it's nicely balanced as is! Will make again :)"
"I have been searching for gelatin moose recipes that do NOT contain Cool Whip.here is a delightful one. wonderful mouth feel and taste."
"very good as a dessert /salad. I used the jellied cranberry sauce and beat it into the jello mixture as the whole berry was unavailable. Good with chicken and dumplings and chicken and stuffing meals."
"This is so light and refreshing after a holiday meal. A tradition in our family."
"OMGosh, this salad is a "must have" on my Christmas Dinner table. So easy to prepare."