Fluffy Cranberry Mousse
This is a delicious and pretty salad for the holidays, but it's so good that I serve it other times, too. I got the recipe from a neighbor who had served it with a traditional turkey dinner.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple,
- setting the pineapple aside and adding juice to gelatin. Stir in
- cranberry sauce, lemon juice, peel and nutmeg. Chill until mixture
- thickens. Fold in sour cream, pineapple and pecans. Pour into a
- glass serving bowl or an oiled 9-cup mold. Chill until set, at least
- 2 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 150 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.