Fluffy Cranberry Delight
Since this is originally my daughter's recipe, she or I will make it for one or more of our holiday get-togethers. It can be served as a fruit salad along with the meal or as a light dessert. It's particularly pretty in a cut-glass bowl on a buffet.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a saucepan, bring the cranberries, sugar and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until berries burst. Strain through a food mill
- or sieve into a large bowl.
- Stir in the gelatin, lemon juice and orange juice. Cool until mixture
- coats the back of a spoon.
- In a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners'
- sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into cranberry
- mixture. Chill until set. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 273 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.