Since this is originally my daughter's recipe, she or I will make it for one or more of our holiday get-togethers. It can be served as a fruit salad along with the meal or as a light dessert. It's particularly pretty in a cut-glass bowl on a buffet.
- 4 cups cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, bring the cranberries, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until berries burst. Strain through a food mill or sieve into a large bowl.
- Stir in the gelatin, lemon juice and orange juice. Cool until mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- In a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into cranberry mixture. Chill until set. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Cranberry Delight in Country Extra November 1993, p51
Reviews for Fluffy Cranberry Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2011
"This is a good way to skip the out of the can cranberry sauce!"