- CRANBERRY TOPPING
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 cups cranberry juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a bowl, combine gelatin and sugar; set aside. In a saucepan, bring cranberry juice to a boil. Remove from the heat and pour over gelatin mixture, stirring to dissolve. Stir in the cranberry sauce. Chill until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, in another bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread evenly into pie shell. Beat cranberry topping until frothy; pour over filling. Chill overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Fluffy Cranberry Cheese Pie
"This has been declared the most outstanding pie in the world by our entire extended family. Everyone who tries it loves it. It's a must have every Thanksgiving. You can also use a graham cracker crust."
"I have been making this pie since I first saw it in Taste of Home many years ago. I love it. Wonderful flavor, good texture, easy. (I don't even like cream cheese very much!)"
"This is such a great pie my Mom makes it every year for Thanksgiving and now I do too. The pie looks very pretty. The top layer is tangy and the bottom layer is sweet and creamy. It's cool and refreshing after a heavy Thanksgiving meal."
"This pie is a Thanksgiving tradition...have been making it every Thanksgiving since it came out in the magaizine! It's a crowd pleaser!"
"This is one of the best holiday pie recipes I have found. Its always a big hit. Make sure you make more than one pie."