- CRANBERRY TOPPING
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 cups cranberry juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a bowl, combine gelatin and sugar; set aside. In a saucepan, bring cranberry juice to a boil. Remove from the heat and pour over gelatin mixture, stirring to dissolve. Stir in the cranberry sauce. Chill until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, in another bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread evenly into pie shell. Beat cranberry topping until frothy; pour over filling. Chill overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Fluffy Cranberry Cheese Pie
"This has been declared the most outstanding pie in the world by our entire extended family. Everyone who tries it loves it. It's a must have every Thanksgiving. You can also use a graham cracker crust."
"I have been making this pie since I first saw it in Taste of Home many years ago. I love it. Wonderful flavor, good texture, easy. (I don't even like cream cheese very much!)"
"This is one of the best holiday pie recipes I have found. Its always a big hit. Make sure you make more than one pie."
"I found this recipe years ago and have made it many times. Everyone loves it! It is very refreshing, festive, and the cranberry topping compliments the cream cheese filling well. I make this pie for the holidays every year. One thing I did find along the way was NOT to use low fat cream cheese, it does not set up right and has a grainy texture. I also like to use a graham cracker crust. Give this awesome pie a try, you will not be disappointed."
"I found the recipe for this pie several years ago, and I've been making it every year since. Its become a holiday tradition in my family. The tart cranberry layer compliments the sweet cheesecake layer perfectly, plus its very festive look is appealing!"